Response to Spartan Hand Sanitizer Products on FDA List
MAUMEE, OH. — August 7, 2020 — Spartan Chemical Company, Inc., a recognized leader in the formulation and manufacture of sustainable cleaning and sanitation solutions for the industrial and institutional market, published a response to the Spartan hand sanitizer products listing on the FDA.
Recently, articles have surfaced about alcohol hand sanitizer products that include links to a listing of products that have FDA warnings. Unfortunately, this list groups a couple Spartan products that were voluntarily recalled, with hundreds of products that the FDA has deemed not safe for use due to contamination with methanol.
Here are the facts:
- On July 1, 2020 Spartan Chemical launched a voluntary recall for limited lots of Lemon Blossom Hand Sanitizer.
- The microbial contamination was limited to ten lots of product that were shipped from Spartan June 15 - 30, 2020.
- All impacted distributors were notified.
- As of August 7, 2020, 95% of the impacted product has already been removed from the market.
- All product outside of this limited recall meets specification.
All product that is currently in use, and is not part of the recall, is approved by the FDA as a hand sanitizer and as such, may continue to be used. To learn more about FDA enforcement, visit: https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/enforcement-reports
Recalled lot codes:
- foamyiQ® Lemon Blossom Hand Sanitizer (460400) - 518491, 518492, 518498, 518499, 518500, 520032, 520057, 520058, 520060
- Lite’n Foamy® Lemon Blossom Hand Sanitizer (333804) - 520061
Product quality is very important at Spartan and the company consistently performs quality checks throughout the manufacturing process to ensure the highest quality of product. Be assured that Spartan Chemical will always act in compliance with regulatory standards and with customer satisfaction in mind.
About Spartan Chemical Company, Inc.
At Spartan Chemical Company, we make clean simple®. We are a recognized leader in cleaning and sanitation solutions for the industrial and institutional market. As a proud US employer, Spartan formulates and manufactures high quality products from our state-of-the-art facility in Maumee, OH and sells both domestically and internationally through a select network of distribution. Spartan's products and services are used in building service contractor, education, food service and processing, health care, industrial, lodging/hospitality, and vehicle care markets.